Touchstone Grief and Loss Group: A Program for Grieving Children & Adolescents
The Touchstone program is operated by the Children’s Home Society of Idaho’s Warm Springs
Counseling Center. Touchstone Grief and Loss Group was established to support the special needs
of grieving children and adolescents ages 5- 18. Meetings begin with a potluck meal followed by
participants being separated into peer groups for discussion and activities focused on grief and
coping skills. The next group starts on September 11, 2023, and runs for eight weeks, every
other week, on Mondays from 6:30 - 8:30 PM MST at their downtown Boise Center.
Empowers children and teens to:
- Identify their feelings.
- Recognize underlying emotions that trigger problem behavior.
- Develop coping skills by understanding death & grief.
- Share feelings & improve family communication.
- Interact with peers who have also experienced a death in the family.
- Sessions facilitated by clinicians & professionals trained in the grief process.
- A supportive peer environment.
- Children's activities during sessions; group discussions, crafts & games designed to explore grief.
- Parental/guardian group sessions focusing on coping skills & supporting children through the grieving process.
Meetings begin with a potluck meal followed by participants being separated into peer groups for
discussion and activities focused on grief and coping skills. Attendees do not need to be a WSCC client.
Groups are covered by most insurances, including Medicaid. A sliding scale program is available.
To register or learn more, call 208-343-7797 or visit https://www.childrenshomesociety.com/peer-groups
Sara J. Cobb
Founder, My Grief Connection
Note: The website contains some affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something through one of these links we may receive a small commission
– at no extra cost to you. I only promote things I have have either personally tried or strongly believe are beneficial. Any commissions earned helps keep this
website going. Thank you for using our affiliate links to help My Grief Connection to continue helping grievers find help & hope.
Not responsible for the content, claims or representations of the linked sites, videos, movies, podcasts, groups, events, books, articles, etc.
This site provides links and general grief support information and is not intended to serve as or replace professional counseling, guidance or treatment.
If you are thinking about hurting yourself or someone else, please contact 911 or the suicide hotline at 988.
For any type of crisis situation you can text CONNECT to 741741 to chat with a Crisis Text Line counselor.
This Page Was Updated On 06 Febrary 2024
© 2019-2023 My Grief Connection