Valentine's Day 2022
"The loss is immeasurable but so is the LOVE.” – Unknown
Let us remember those who are missing their beloved Valentine this weekend and reach out to show them love.
Valentine's Day can be a painful reminder of the physical absence of those we love who we are missing.
It can poignantly prompt memories of those who have died or those we are estranged from.
Many of us would prefer to skip February 14th all together, which is totally understandable.
If you are hurting today because you are feeling the grief strongly, please do what you need to
do to take loving care of yourself and to just make it through this day.
If you are up for it, this day can present a beautiful opportunity to celebrate all of the joy the ones we
have lost have gifted us, and the chance to honor their memory in the ways that feel special.
Here are a few ideas:
- Light a candle in their honor
- Write a letter telling them all the things you love about them
- Do something today that they enjoyed or you had fun doing together
- Call or text a friend or family member and tell them how much they mean to you
- Treat yourself to a special meal or one of their favorite dishes
- Get a massage or take a hot bath
- Make a donation to their favorite charity
- Buy yourself flowers or chocolates
Sending you wishes for a gentle day and hoping the loss does not overshadow the love.
Sara J. Cobb
Founder, My Grief Connection
Note: The website contains some affiliate links, which means that if you purchase something through one of these links we may receive a small commission
– at no extra cost to you. I only promote things I have have either personally tried or strongly believe are beneficial. Any commissions earned helps keep this
website going. Thank you for using our affiliate links to help My Grief Connection to continue helping grievers find help & hope.
Not responsible for the content, claims or representations of the linked sites, videos, movies, podcasts, groups, events, books, articles, etc.
This site provides links and general grief support information and is not intended to serve as or replace professional counseling, guidance or treatment.
If you are thinking about hurting yourself or someone else, please contact 911 or the suicide hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
For any type of crisis situation you can text CONNECT to 741741 to chat with a Crisis Text Line counselor.
My Grief Connection - Created 04 July 2019
Updated 29 June 2022
© 2022 My Grief Connection